Wednesday 26 January 2011

Giulia Fiorinelli




Giulia Fiorinelli
Bergamo, Italy


















Which compliment for your work has flattered you the most until now?

I don't remember.I think the best compliment a photographer can receive isn't about how aesthetically or technically beautiful his or her work is, but how much it can say to the observer. Knowing how to revive memories and feelings in the observer is the most difficult and beautiful that you can do.


You write that you collect things that “you think you see“ on your blog. What do you mean by that?

I've always loved collecting anything that attracted me, that told me something, or reminded me of bad or good happenings. I have so many notebooks, boxes and drawers full of scrap papers, cinema tickets and other things ... everyone has a story. Photography allows me to collect significant moments of my life. I created "Random Stories" to order these events and to not forget anyone.


Do you ever find that you have a different perspective when “collecting” images with your camera yourself or when you’re looking at other people’s works?

In both cases I try to put myself in a critical and not superficial position, because I think that we can take inspiration from every aspect.


Would you accept the offer by an international furnishing store to buy a number of your pictures for their decoration section and merchandise it worldwide?

Definitely not.


Do you think that luck plays a big role in photography?

Not always, you can take interesting pictures in an empty room without people or objects.


And how much truth can a photograph possible carry?

A lot of truth. I don't like digitally manipulated photographs, this is one of the reasons why I shoot only in analogue.


Finally, what do you consider to be the biggest gamble in life?

Always be happy and with good intentions.




Well, photography is gamble. Take a look at her work!






No comments: