Thursday 10 February 2011

Andrew Nuding




Andrew Nuding
Dubin, Ireland




















Since when have you been engaging in photography?  What got you interested in the first place?

I've always liked having memories, I hate throwing out sentimental things, so when I started taking photos, it was to have memories.


What would you say do, if not all, most of your sets have in common?

Girls, probably. I think my photos have a dreaminess and I try to capture that.


How would you describe the work with models? Would you describe it as a one-sided or rather cooperative work?

I usually have an idea in my head of what I want the photograph to look like so I direct the model on what to do. Sometimes, if I am in an unfamiliar location, I work spontaneously. I like to explore the settings before shooting, looking for the best spots. I generally shoot in places I've been before. But I also like it when a model makes a suggestion.


Connected to this: would you consider working in the fashion business later on?

I would love to. Being a fashion photographer would be amazing. I need to do some interning though. I am looking into it after Summer.


What have you been inspired by most lately?

Music: Summer Camp, Beach House, Cults. I think a lot of the music I listen to can be portrayed through my photos. Dream Pop is my inspiration at the moment.


Do you think it's crucial to study visual arts in order to "make it"? Or are there alternative ways?

I think it depends on the person. I am doing a portfolio for Art College at the moment and I think being educated in visual arts helps me, but, really, it does depend on the person.


Finally, what are your next steps/plans?

Hopefully I'll get into Art College I want to go to and then I want to start taking photography more seriously, especially in terms of doing more paid jobs. I am traveling for all of July and August and I want to take as many photos as possible. I will be inter-railing through Europe in July and then in August I am going back to San Francisco and New York.




Young, fresh and dreamy. Take a look at his work!



No comments: